'Knowledge is a source of power' Greek philosopher

Search results

Sunday 8 November 2015

Comparing generations

Things have changed a lot during the last 10 years. For instance, when I was 5, almost nobody had a mobile phone with a tactile screen, and nowadays it’s strange if somebody doesn’t have it. So due to this, I’m going to compare my generation, but 10 years ago (above 2005), with the five-year-old generation of 2015:

From my point of view, this is the technological generation and I think that this is the biggest change between these two periods. Besides, as far as I remember, when I was in that age I enjoyed going to the park with my friends, and playing whatever just using our imagination, because any of us had touched an electronic gadget, such as a mobile phone or a videoconsole, before. However, nowadays chlidren are a bit spoilt, so they want to have everything and they cannot have fun easily. In addition, parents let their children do whatever they want, like watching some TV series which aren’t suitable for their ages or playing violent videogames.

On the other hand, if we take into account that these devices I’ve mentioned give everything done to their respectives users, in this way children won’t learn, because it’s not necessary to make a big effort if you want to find out something.

To sum up, I think it’s OK that new technologies help children for different purposes, but we’re losing some of the values we have learnt through the years: friendship, respect and work hard to get what you wish...

...and I have some photos which demonstrate this!

ME (2015)
This is me with some of my friends, doing senderism and having a really good time. And most of these friends are from primary school!


ME (2005)

In this photo, I’m playing with my friends in the park of my area, without using any electronic device and having lots of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment