'Knowledge is a source of power' Greek philosopher

Search results

Thursday 18 January 2018

Talking about myself and my view of the world

Today I'm quite philosophical, so I'm going to talk a bit about me and my view of the world. I hope you like it and share my ideas :)

My name is Alberto Nogueira. Im a student of 2nd Bachillerato in IES Mediterráneo, in Cartagena. I think I’m an interesting person, since the things I like are quite different to the other’s ones (something that makes me feel really proud, bacause it means I have my own personality, and that it isn’t influenced by anybody). I’m also very extroverted, due to I like making new friends wherever and whenever. Frankly, I consider my friends my second family, that people who’s not going to leave you, no matter what happens between us.

Well, as we’re talking in a philosophical way, let’s discuss this world, our world. From my point of view, there are several good and bad things related to our behaviour with each other in our society, but there’s one thing that annoys me the most: the kids’ attitude. I’ll explain myself. Nowadays parents spoil too much their children, and this way they will never learn to appreciate what they have. When I was in those ages, I didn’t have any mobile phone or electronic devices like the ones that everybody has in these days (or so it seems). And I’m also sure that they don’t know how difficult is to get enough money for bringing up your children.


So this is what really frightens about our future. It’s something that concerns all the citiziens of all the cities along the planet. If we continue in this way, in a few years everybody will be avaricious and selfish, and that’s a really really bad fact in a society, because nobody will help to the ones that need it, and only the richest and most poweful people will survive. In a nearly future (once I’m older than 18) I see myself helping in a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), such as ‘Médicos sin fronteras’, with my Scout group if it’s possible. Although I know it’s extremely difficult, I hope that this situation changes because if this doesn’t... In which world will we live in?

No comments:

Post a Comment