'Knowledge is a source of power' Greek philosopher

Search results

Tuesday 3 April 2018

The rest of my trip to Madrid

I must apologize because of my behaviour yesterday. I was really excited and I needed to tell you how was my experience in Harry Potter's exhibition, so I forgot something... Telling you about the rest of my trip!

Apart from Harry Potter's one, we also visited another exhibition (we had to take advantage of being in the capital city!) related to Auschwitz-Birkenau's concentration camps. It was an exhibition co-produced by the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum for the first time in history which shows an extraordinary collection of more than 600 original exhibits of inestimable historic and human value, that offer direct witness to one of the darkest chapters of humankind. Small personal belongings from some of the victims, structural elements from the huge camp, documents and unpublished audio-visual materials make up a rigorous and moving tour with a clear goal: knowing first-hand how a place like Auschwitz could exist and what were its terrible consequences. The great majority of the objects, pictures and audio-visual materials in this exhibition have never been shown to an audience before. Here you have some pictures I took. Every time I see them, I have a shiver down my spine, since  it must have been waful what these objects have witnessed:



On the other hand, speaking with a happier tone, we really enjoyed our stay in Madrid, since our appartment was in Fuenlabrada street, so we were almost until midnight having a walk in Madrid's main streets and Squares: Puerta del Sol, Callao, Gran Vía, La castellana with Kio Towers, ect. We also had dinner in a typical restaurant were squid sandwiches tasted reeeaally good (and where beer is also excellent). I strongly recommend you to go to Madrid, bacuse it is a modern city where it's assured to have a good time:



No comments:

Post a Comment